We are Funktasy – Record Label & Magazine!
Funktasy Records is a multi-genre Record Label with a focus on Dance, EDM, House, Urban, Hip Hop, R&B, and Pop. With a global market reach, the Label boasts a sought-after domestic and international roster.
Funktasy Magazine is an online original content outlet and publication dedicated to music and entertainment. The magazine covers interviews with various artists and industry experts, music gear reviews and updates, music business and technology news, fashion, entertainment and popular culture.
- You are passionate about music.
- You have part-time (min. 8 hours/week) or full-time (flexible hours) available for a minimum internship of 3 months.
- You studied or are currently studying a program related to Digital Marketing or Social Media.
- You’re a avid user of all social media platforms, i.e. TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels, etc.
- You must have strong computer skills.
- You should have a basic understanding of the music industry but are still eager to learn more about the day-to-day process behind it all.
- You are a team player, creative thinker and a great communicator.
- You are passionate about the latest music trends, particularly in the areas of Dance, Mainstream, and Urban.
- You’re highly motivated and organized.
- You are able to work independently and have a proactive attitude.
- You must have experience handling confidential information.
- Experience as a social media influencer is a plus.
Funktasy is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and enthusiastic individual interested in learning more about the music industry, digital marketing, content creation and social media. This internship will allow individuals to gain first-hand experience in a variety of areas, including but not limited to, marketing, design, advertisement, promotional campaigns, cross-promotion and sponsorship.
- You will source relevant content across all social media platforms.
- You will support the team with social media monitoring, analysis, and evaluation.
- You will create campaign reports in close collaboration with our in-house team.
- You will be in touch with Funktasy artists.
- You must have an eye for viral trends which are the perfect fit to push our tracks and brand campaigns forward and deliver out of the box ideas.
- You must be comfortable in sharing ideas with internal teams.
- You will assist with internal briefings and with creating social media assets in collaboration with our in-house design studio.
What do we offer?
- We offer a ‘kickstart’ to your career. You will have the opportunity to learn what it is like to work at an international music label.
- You will get the opportunity to be part of the royalty team and to gain knowledge.
- An awesome opportunity to be part of the creative team at Funktasy.
Internship Terms & Conditions
- Funktasy Internship Programs are non-paid but can count towards credits for your school/university program if needed.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We do not offer accommodations.
- We do not offer any work visas for international students.
- All internship programs are in English.
Hybrid/online – Remote from Canada, U.S.A. or Europe
How to apply
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, please send us your cover letter and resume by clicking on the link below.