We are Funktasy – Record Label & Magazine!
Funktasy Records is a multi-genre Record Label with a focus on Dance, EDM, House, Urban, Hip Hop, R&B, and Pop. With a global market reach, the Label boasts a sought-after domestic and international roster.
Funktasy Magazine is an online original content outlet and publication dedicated to music and entertainment. The magazine covers interviews with various artists and industry experts, music gear reviews and updates, music business and technology news, fashion, entertainment and popular culture.
- You are passionate about music.
- You have part-time (min. 10 hours/week) or full-time (flexible hours) available for a minimum internship of 3 months.
- You studied or are currently studying a program related to Digital Marketing or Social Media.
- You must have an interest in pursuing a career in artists and repertoire (A&R).
- You must love listening to indie and unsigned artists.
- You must have exceptional interpersonal, communication, and writing skills, and organizational skills are required.
- You must have strong computer skills.
- You should have a basic understanding of the music industry, but still be eager to learn more about the day-to-day process behind it all.
- You are a team player, creative thinker and a great communicator.
- You are passionate about the latest music trends, specifically in Dance, Mainstream, and Urban.
- You are highly motivated and organized.
- You are able to work independently and have a proactive attitude.
- You must have experience handling confidential information.
- You are comfortable in sharing ideas with internal teams.
- Experience as a songwriter, performer, music producer, or recording engineer is a plus.
Funktasy is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and enthusiastic individual interested in learning more about the music industry and artist development. This internship will allow students to gain first-hand experience in a variety of areas, including but not limited to, A&R, studio recording, artist development and release planning.
- You will be in touch with Funktasy artists.
- You will research new artists through a variety of means, i.e. shows, radio play, blogs, charts, demos, word-of-mouth, etc.
- You will complete various tasks for the A&R admin manager, including tracking album status charts, transcribing and reviewing lyrics, and reviewing clean audio.
- You will assist and participate in coordination of record production. This includes working with various stakeholders, i.e. artists, mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists.
- You will assist with all other day-to-day administrative tasks to ensure artist projects are complete and submitted on time.
- You will author detailed bi-weekly A&R research reports and other scouting projects
- You will monitor and report on various charts domestically and internationally.
- You will support the team with monitoring, analysis, and evaluation.
- You will create campaign reports in close collaboration with our in-house team.
- You must have an eye for viral trends which are the perfect fit to push our tracks and brand campaigns forward and deliver out of the box ideas.
What do we offer?
- We offer a ‘kickstart’ to your career. You will have the opportunity to learn what it is like to work at an international music label.
- You will get the opportunity to be part of the royalty team and to gain knowledge.
- An awesome opportunity to be part of the creative team at Funktasy.
Internship Terms & Conditions
- Funktasy Internship Programs are non-paid but can count towards credits for your school/university program if needed.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We do not offer accommodations.
- We do not offer any work visas for international students.
- All internship programs are in English.
Hybrid/online – Remote from Canada, U.S.A. or Europe
How to apply
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, send us your cover letter and resume by clicking on the link below.