We are Funktasy – Record Label & Magazine!
Funktasy Records is a multi-genre Record Label with a focus on Dance, EDM, House, Urban, Hip Hop, R&B, and Pop. With a global market reach, the Label boasts a sought-after domestic and international roster.
Funktasy Magazine is an online original content outlet and publication dedicated to music and entertainment. The magazine covers interviews with various artists and industry experts, music gear reviews and updates, music business and technology news, fashion, entertainment and popular culture.
- You are passionate about music.
- You have part-time availability (min. 8 hours/week) or full-time available (flexible hours) for a minimum internship of 3 months.
- You studied or are currently studying a program related to Graphic Design/Visual Design.
- You are familiar with photography/videography equipment, i.e. DSLR cameras, stabilizers, lighting, stands, lenses, etc.
- You have good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- You are able to work independently and have a proactive attitude.
- You are a team player, creative thinker and a great communicator.
- You’re highly motivated and organized.
- You’re familiar with all social media platforms, i.e. TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels.
Funktasy is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and enthusiastic individual, who is interested in learning more the music industry, digital marketing, content creation, photo editing, album covers, digital promotional content creation, and social media content creation. This internship will allow individuals to gain first-hand experience in a variety of areas, including but not limited to, content creation, photography, videography, animation, and studio techniques.
- You must have a cutting edge photo/graphic editing technique.
- You must, alongside our in-house team of creatives, be able to come up with modern and fresh ideas for social platform related campaigns and materials.
- You must be able to support our in-house social team with day-to-day content for our social channels.
- You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment with a diverse skillset and excellent sense of storytelling to deliver a wide variety of image-edits and animations.
- You must be able to work on projects ranging from promotion to brand partnerships, festivals, live shows, and promotional campaigns for our artists as well as the Funktasy Magazine.
- You must be able to organize, crop, optimize, and metatag images that will appear on websites.
- You source relevant content across all social media platforms.
- You must be organized and maintain a strict schedule to ensure on-time delivery of materials.
- You must be ale to design and develop graphic design projects for print, digital, or other media.
- You must develop a portfolio of work that will be used to support the company’s brand strategy.
What do we offer?
- We offer a ‘kickstart’ to your career. You will have the opportunity to learn what it is like to work at an international music label.
- You will get the opportunity to be part of the royalty team and to gain knowledge.
- An awesome opportunity to be part of the creative team at Funktasy.
- Funktasy Internship Programs are non-paid but can count towards credits for your school/university program if needed.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We do not offer accommodations.
- We do not offer any work visas for international students.
- All internship programs are in English.
Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa – Canada
How to apply
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, send us your cover letter and resume by clicking on the link below.